Pension Insurance Corporation plc (“We” or “PIC”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and any applicable implementing legislation, the data controller is Pension Insurance Corporation plc of 14 Cornhill, London, EC3V 3ND.
Pension Insurance Corporation has appointed a Data Processing Officer, Louise Inward and can be contacted on the following number 0207 105 2000 and by e-mailing email@example.com.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you provide by filling in forms on our site www.pensioncorporation.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, posting material or requesting further services
• We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. You do not have to provide such information to use our site but if you choose not to, its functionality and any other services which you seek from Pension Insurance Corporation through the site may consequently be very limited
Pension Insurance Corporation may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. You do not have to respond to these, although the answers that you provide may be used to improve our site and the services that we provide.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to reports aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and may identify an individual althgough we will not seek to do so.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They also help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
• To speed up your searches
• To recognise you when you return to our site
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• To provide you with information and services that you request from us
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To allow you to participate in events and other activities , when you choose to do so
• To notify you about changes to our service
Retention of pension insurance personal data
Pension Insurance Corporation only retains personal data related to pension insurance schemes, policies and policy holders for as long as is necessary for it to discharge all its contractual, legal and regulatory obligations. The very nature of a pension scheme, pension or pension related insurance policy is that it is a long term commitment to an individual and their beneficiaries and therefore the length of retention of personal data for that purpose tends to be extensive.
All web activity data is retained for 12 months following the last interaction on the web site.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that their websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, including regarding their collection and use of your personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information and other rights
The Act and the GDPR give you the following rights (all rights are included for completeness but not all are applicable to the processing of web activity personal data by PIC):
• To be informed about the processing of your personal data
• To access, update or delete information about you
• To ask us at any time not to process your personal data for marketing purposes
• To restrict processing in certain circumstances
• To object to processing in certain circumstances, including automated decision processing
• To request a move, copy or transfer of your personal data to a third party
These rights can be exercised in accordance with the Act and the GDPR by sending your request to the Data Protection Officer at Pension Insurance Corporation plc of 14 Cornhill, London, EC3V 3ND, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact or complain to the Information Commissioner about our processing of your personal data by accessing the following website https://ico.org.uk