Pension Insurance Corporation plc ("We" or "PIC") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is Pension Insurance Corporation plc of 14 Cornhill, London, EC3V 3ND.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.pensioncorporation.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. You do not have to provide such information to use our site but if you choose not to, its functionality and any services which you seek from Pension Insurance Corporation through the site may consequently be very limited
Pension Insurance Corporation may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. You do not have to respond to these, although the answers that you provide may be used to improve our site and the services that we provide. If you choose to submit your email address solely in order to be entered into one of our prize draws, we may also use that email address to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reasons, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They also help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
- To recognise you when you return to our site
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have asked not to be contacted for such purposes
- Where you have consented to this, to provide your data to selected third parties in order for them to provide you with information about their products and services which may be of interest
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please check or uncheck the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, including regarding their collection and use of your personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information and other rights
The Act gives you the right to access, update or delete information held about you. You also have the right to ask us at any time not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. These rights can be exercised in accordance with the Act by sending your request to the Data Protection Officer at Pension Insurance Corporation plc of 14 Cornhill, London, EC3V 3ND, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.